Friday, January 18, 2008

Good-Bye May Seem Forever, Farewell Just Like the End . . .

1. I really enjoyed writing my personal essay. I am not so good in imagine things. So it was easier for me writing about something that really happened and that I just had to reflect in a good way. The weakness of this genre is that the creativity of the writer is not completely free, because You have to relate to personal experience. I was surprised that I enjoyed writing the essay so much. It was fun because I could write about one of the best days in my life and it helped my remembering this day. I think I would like to write another personal essay. It would be more fun that writing fiction for me.

2. Reading is very important to create a good creativity and write. Other books of the same or other genres you gone write in can be a good way to get some ideas and improve your style of writing.

3. It was a good semester of writing for me. I am sure my written English improved a lot in the past 5 months. I enjoyed nearly all different types of writing. I enjoyed poems, because it was new and fun for me and I was surprised what I could do in my second language, especially because it was the first writing we did in this class. Writing fiction was probably the hardest thing for me, because I am not so good in imagine things and make up a good story. In the second Quarter we were writing plays and it was something completely new for me. I hadn't even done it in German, my mother language before. It is hard to keep in mind how you can realize things on stage. But it is a good way to tell a story, even if in the beginning I thought it would be very hard to describe all the action with just dialogue. And my most favorite of this year as I already mentioned was the personal essay.

4.
Coke
Little Debbie:
McDonald's
Taco Bell
MTV
Florida
New York City
Name you like for your future daughter: Julie
Name you like for your future son: Sam
What is or what will be the first country you see outside the continent of North America: Germany
Disney movie you would be most likely to watch on your 21st birthday: Pirates of the caribeen 1-3

5. No!

3 comments:

.//blog said...

My imagination is crazy so i like to imagine stuff and hate personal essays.

PIRATES!!!

Michelle said...

Personal essays are hard to pick a topic for....

Bethany Joy said...

WHAT?!?!?! TACO BELL OVER CHIPOTLE?!?!?! Taco Bell has NOTHING on Chipotle!